- 1 How do you light the pilot on a Vermont Castings gas fireplace?
- 2 How do I light my fireplace furnace?
- 3 How do you light the pilot on a propane fireplace?
- 4 How do you light a pilot light?
- 5 How do you light a majestic?
- 6 How do you adjust the pilot light on a majestic fireplace?
- 7 How do you light a propane fireplace without ignitor?
- 8 How do you light a fireplace?
- 9 How do you light a gas fireplace fire?
- 10 Why is my gas fireplace not lighting?
- 11 Where is the pilot light on my fireplace?
- 12 How do you light a propane insert?
- 13 Do all propane fireplaces have a pilot light?
How do you light the pilot on a Vermont Castings gas fireplace?
Turn knob on gas control counter-clockwise to “Pilot”. Push the control knob all the way in and hold. Immediately light the pilot by repeadedly depressing the piezo spark ignitor until a flame appears. Continue to hold the control knob in for about one (1) minute after the pilot is lit.
How do I light my fireplace furnace?
Turn the knob from the “Off” to the “Pilot” position. Push in the pilot knob, which manually sends gas into the system. Push the igniter button once every second until it lights. Depending on how long it’s been since the gas fireplace was last used, ignition may take multiple attempts.
How do you light the pilot on a propane fireplace?
Press the fireplace safety pilot control knob down and hold it as you turn it over to the pilot position. Continue to hold the knob down for five seconds to give the propane enough time to flow through the hose that connects the propane gas line to the fireplace.
How do you light a pilot light?
Hold down the reset button and bring a grill lighter or long match to the pilot light valve until the pilot ignites. Once the pilot light stays lit, turn the valve to the “on” position. You should hear the furnace activate.
How do you light a majestic?
All Majestic models are ignited and controlled with a push knob similar to one that controls the temperature of a stove burner. Push in the knob and turn it slightly counterclockwise to “Ignite.” Hold it here and you will hear the gas begin to flow, and the ignition system will click as it lights.
How do you adjust the pilot light on a majestic fireplace?
How do you adjust the flame on a majestic gas fireplace?
- Locate the gas log control knob.
- Light the gas logs by turning the control knob to the “pilot” setting.
- Release the control knob and allow the flame to burn for one minute.
How do you light a propane fireplace without ignitor?
Lighting Your Fireplace Without An Ignitor
- Remove the fireplace’s faceplate so that you can get clear access to the pilot light and ignition switches below.
- Check the breaker.
- Test the piezo.
- Remove the glass in your fireplace.
- Turn the gas on at the lowest setting and press your pilot button down.
How do you light a fireplace?
So lets start the fire!
- Ensure that all air vents in the fireplace are open. Put the logs on the bottom of the fireplace.
- Add a layer of small logs of about 4 cm, and then one or two layers of kindling.
- Put a couple of firelighters on top of the layer of kindling wood or use some newspaper.
- Light it!
How do you light a gas fireplace fire?
Igniting with a Fireplace Key
- Look over the user manual included with your fireplace.
- Remove your fireplace’s outer cover.
- Put a fireplace key into the device’s gas valve knob.
- Hold a long lighter up to the burner and ignite it.
- Turn the gas key.
- Replace the fireplace’s outer cover immediately.
Why is my gas fireplace not lighting?
If gas is coming out of the pilot, but it still won’t light, the spark igniter could be the problem. Alleyne says to look for and clear out any debris between the igniter and thermocouple. The pilot lighting, but not staying lit, indicates that the thermocouple is worn out, Worthen says.
Where is the pilot light on my fireplace?
Locate the gas control knob. Just above it, you should see a red or black push button, which means that the unit has a piezoelectric spark mechanism. Press the button once or twice to verify that there is a spark at the end of the pilot tube. If you don’t see a button, you must light the flame manually.
How do you light a propane insert?
How to Light a Propane Fireplace Insert
- Locate the knob for the propane gas valve. Turn the knob to the “Pilot” position.
- Push the knob in and hold with your nondominant hand.
- Light the stick lighter with your dominant hand and place the flame approximately 1 inch from the element.
- Release the control knob.
Do all propane fireplaces have a pilot light?
Some newer propane fireplaces have electric igniters rather than pilot lights.