- 1 How far is Burlington Vermont from the Canadian border?
- 2 Which state is Burlington located?
- 3 What is Burlington Vermont known for?
- 4 Is Burlington Vermont a good place to live?
- 5 Which Canadian city is closest to the US?
- 6 Can you drive from Vermont to Canada?
- 7 Is Burlington VT expensive to live?
- 8 Is Burlington VT safe?
- 9 Is Burlington in all states?
- 10 Is Burlington VT worth visiting?
- 11 What is the prettiest place in Vermont?
- 12 What should I not miss in Burlington VT?
- 13 Is Burlington Vermont a walkable city?
- 14 Is Vermont a cheap place to live?
- 15 What are winters like in Burlington VT?
How far is Burlington Vermont from the Canadian border?
The Canadian border is just 70 km from Burlington, Vermont. The city of Montreal is just an hour and forty-five minutes by car from Burlington.
Which state is Burlington located?
Burlington, city, seat (1787) of Chittenden county, northwestern Vermont, U.S. It lies on a hillside sloping toward Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains to the west, with the Green Mountains to the east.
What is Burlington Vermont known for?
Situated on Lake Champlain, it is the heart of a small urban area that acts as Vermont’s vibrant and cosmopolitan center. Known for its ultra-liberal environment and free-thinking spirit, Burlington is both a college town and an important commercial city, while maintaining an intimate atmosphere.
Is Burlington Vermont a good place to live?
Vermont Business Magazine Burlington has been named one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live 2018 by Livability.com, outpacing more than 2,100 cities (with populations between 20,000 and 350,000) in this data-driven ranking.
Which Canadian city is closest to the US?
Lawrence River, close to that river’s confluence with the St. Charles River, Quebec City lies 156 miles northeast of Montreal, the province’s largest city and the second largest city in Canada. Quebec City sits roughly 100 miles from the nearest US border crossing, which is just a little north of Jackman, Maine.
Can you drive from Vermont to Canada?
Can I drive from Vermont to Canada? Yes, the driving distance between Vermont to Canada is 683 km. It takes approximately 7h 50m to drive from Vermont to Canada.
Is Burlington VT expensive to live?
Cost of Living in Burlington, Vermont by Expense Category Burlington’s housing expenses are 47% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 19% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 12% higher than the national average.
Is Burlington VT safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Burlington is 1 in 31. Based on FBI crime data, Burlington is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Vermont, Burlington has a crime rate that is higher than 96% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Burlington in all states?
There are 34 places in the world named Burlington! Burlington can be found in 5 countries throughout the world. In some countries the place can be found more than once. For example America and Canada.
Is Burlington VT worth visiting?
In addition to its location, Burlington is a fun city to visit year-round. Although the summer and fall are hands down the most popular seasons to visit, Burlington is a desired getaway in the winter as well due to its close proximity to Montreal and several ski areas. Burlington is known for its unique culture.
What is the prettiest place in Vermont?
Here are some of the most beautiful places in Vermont!
- Lake Champlain boasting crystal clear waters. denisbin/Flickr.
- Bartlett Falls, Bristol, VT.
- Balancing Rock, Mount Elmore, VT.
- Batten Kill River, East Arlington, VT.
- Shelburne Farms, Shelburne, VT.
- Oakledge Park, Burlington, VT.
- Wilson Castle, Proctor, VT.
What should I not miss in Burlington VT?
10 Can’t-Miss Things to Do in Burlington, Vermont
- Hiking around Burlington. Credit: DVS via Flickr.
- Cruise on Lake Champlain. Lake Champlain.
- The Burlington Waterfront. Burlington Waterfront.
- Take the Bike Ferry. Credit: Alyssa L.
- Burlington Farmer’s Market.
- Church Street Marketplace.
- Shelburne Farms.
- Sample Local Brews.
Is Burlington Vermont a walkable city?
Burlington is designated as a Silver-level community due to its great Complete Streets projects, traffic calming practices, and staff time dedicated to gathering public input. The city also has a 21.5 percent walking mode share and nearly 100 percent sidewalk coverage.
Is Vermont a cheap place to live?
You may be surprised to learn housing costs in Vermont are relatively affordable. Not only is Vermont housing affordable compared to its expensive east coast neighbors, but the Green Mountain State even falls below the national average. Overall, Vermont housing costs are 11.5% cheaper than the national average.
What are winters like in Burlington VT?
Climate and Average Weather Year Round in Burlington Vermont, United States. In Burlington, the summers are warm, the winters are freezing and dry, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 12°F to 81°F and is rarely below -6°F or above 89°F.