- 1 Is Burlington Vermont worth visiting?
- 2 How far is Buffalo from Burlington?
- 3 How far is Hartford from Burlington?
- 4 What is Burlington Vermont known for?
- 5 What should I not miss in Burlington VT?
- 6 How many days do you need in Burlington VT?
- 7 What is the prettiest place in Vermont?
- 8 Is Burlington VT expensive to live?
- 9 Is Burlington VT safe?
Is Burlington Vermont worth visiting?
In addition to its location, Burlington is a fun city to visit year-round. Although the summer and fall are hands down the most popular seasons to visit, Burlington is a desired getaway in the winter as well due to its close proximity to Montreal and several ski areas. Burlington is known for its unique culture.
How far is Buffalo from Burlington?
The distance between Burlington and Buffalo is 305 miles. The road distance is 373.6 miles.
How far is Hartford from Burlington?
There are 14.42 miles from Burlington to Hartford in east direction and 18 miles (28.97 kilometers) by car, following the CT 4 route. Burlington and Hartford are 27 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Burlington, CT to Hartford, CT.
What is Burlington Vermont known for?
Situated on Lake Champlain, it is the heart of a small urban area that acts as Vermont’s vibrant and cosmopolitan center. Known for its ultra-liberal environment and free-thinking spirit, Burlington is both a college town and an important commercial city, while maintaining an intimate atmosphere.
What should I not miss in Burlington VT?
10 Can’t-Miss Things to Do in Burlington, Vermont
- Hiking around Burlington. Credit: DVS via Flickr.
- Cruise on Lake Champlain. Lake Champlain.
- The Burlington Waterfront. Burlington Waterfront.
- Take the Bike Ferry. Credit: Alyssa L.
- Burlington Farmer’s Market.
- Church Street Marketplace.
- Shelburne Farms.
- Sample Local Brews.
How many days do you need in Burlington VT?
When determining how long to plan your trip for, we recommend a minimum of four days, especially if you’ve not yet visited. The overall energy of Vermont is slow and calm, and having four days to explore will allow you a similar travel cadence.
What is the prettiest place in Vermont?
Here are some of the most beautiful places in Vermont!
- Lake Champlain boasting crystal clear waters. denisbin/Flickr.
- Bartlett Falls, Bristol, VT.
- Balancing Rock, Mount Elmore, VT.
- Batten Kill River, East Arlington, VT.
- Shelburne Farms, Shelburne, VT.
- Oakledge Park, Burlington, VT.
- Wilson Castle, Proctor, VT.
Is Burlington VT expensive to live?
Cost of Living in Burlington, Vermont by Expense Category Burlington’s housing expenses are 47% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 19% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 12% higher than the national average.
Is Burlington VT safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Burlington is 1 in 31. Based on FBI crime data, Burlington is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Vermont, Burlington has a crime rate that is higher than 96% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.