How big is Vermont?
A new CNBC report ranks Vermont as the best place to live in America. The business channel used factors like affordable housing, education quality, cost of living, healthcare quality, job opportunities and environment to come up with the state rankings.
What is the nickname of Vermont?
Vermont is known for foods like Vermont cheddar cheese, maple syrup and the ever-popular Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. It is also home to many farms, artisan foods, fresh produce, wineries and breweries.
How many Vermonters are 75 or older?
Source: Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) Uniform Reporting System (URS), 2011 More than 5 percent of the people served by the Vermont mental health system were ages 65 and older (3.2 percent were ages 65 to 74 and 2 percent were ages 75 and older). This represents a total of approximately 1,264 people.
What are 5 interesting facts about Vermont?
- Vermont gets its name from two French words.
- It was one of the first states to outlaw slavery.
- It is the second smallest state by population (after Wyoming).
- Ben and Jerry’s ice cream began at a gas station in Burlington, Vermont.
- Vermont is the home of maple syrup.
Is Vermont safe?
In 2018, Wallethub named Vermont the Safest State in America, and CNBC awarded it the title of Best State to Live in America. According to SafeWise,Vermont beats the national rates for property and violent crime. Vermont reported 19.89 property incidents per 1,000 people, compared to the national rate of 27.11.
Where should I not live in Vermont?
The 20 Worst Places to Live in Vermont
- Burlington, Vermont. Only in Your State goes down the list of a few of the most dangerous cities in Vermont.
- Northfield, Vermont.
- Brattleboro, Vermont.
- Lyndonville, Vermont.
- Winooski, Vermont.
- Rutland, Vermont.
- Dover, Vermont.
- Milton, Vermont.
What is the prettiest town in Vermont?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Vermont, USA
- Grafton. Architectural Landmark.
- Manchester. Natural Feature.
- Montpelier. Architectural Landmark.
- Shelburne. Architectural Landmark.
- Stowe. Architectural Landmark.
- Waitsfield. Architectural Landmark.
- Weston. Architectural Landmark. Add to Plan.
- Woodstock. Architectural Landmark. Add to Plan.
Is Vermont a boring state?
yup, boring. There isn’t really anything to do here in Vermont The largest mall has like 3 shops lel, there is no beach, there is no nightlife in the entire state. However, if you enjoy the outdoors there is plenty.