- 1 How many states share a border with Vermont?
- 2 What part of Vermont is closest to New York?
- 3 How long is the border between Vermont and New York?
- 4 What is the nickname for Vermont?
- 5 What food is Vermont known for?
- 6 What is the least populated state?
- 7 How far is VT from NY?
- 8 Does Vermont border New York?
- 9 Is Boston close to Vermont?
- 10 Does Vermont and New York share a border?
- 11 How long does it take to drive across Vermont?
- 12 What are five interesting facts about Vermont?
It borders the states of Massachusetts to the south, New Hampshire to the east, and New York to the west, and the Canadian province of Quebec to the north.
What part of Vermont is closest to New York?
Southern Vermont is beautiful, historic, welcoming, and the closest part of Vermont to Albany, Boston, Hartford and New York City.
How long is the border between Vermont and New York?
It is 157.4 miles in length, 90.3 miles wide at the Canadian border*, and 41.6 miles along the Massachusetts border. The Connecticut River forms the eastern boundary, while the western boundary with New York runs down the middle of Lake Champlain for more than half of its length.
What is the nickname for Vermont?
A new CNBC report ranks Vermont as the best place to live in America. The business channel used factors like affordable housing, education quality, cost of living, healthcare quality, job opportunities and environment to come up with the state rankings.
What food is Vermont known for?
Vermont is known for foods like Vermont cheddar cheese, maple syrup and the ever-popular Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. It is also home to many farms, artisan foods, fresh produce, wineries and breweries. Find local products at Vermont Farmers’ Markets and farm stands in all seasons.
What is the least populated state?
Wyoming had the lowest population with about 580,000 residents.
How far is VT from NY?
Distance from Vermont to New-York The shortest distance (air line) between Vermont and New-York is 275.36 mi (443.15 km). The shortest route between Vermont and New-York is 342.69 mi (551.51 km) according to the route planner. The driving time is approx. 7h 6min.
Does Vermont border New York?
Vermont is bordered to the north by Quebec, Canada, to the east by New Hampshire, to the south by Massachusetts, and to the west by New York. From the Canadian to the Massachusetts border, the Connecticut River separates Vermont from New Hampshire.
Is Boston close to Vermont?
Distance from Vermont to Boston is 274 kilometers. The air travel (bird fly) shortest distance between Vermont and Boston is 274 km= 170 miles. If you travel with an airplane (which has average speed of 560 miles) from Vermont to Boston, It takes 0.3 hours to arrive.
New York. Vermont shares its western border with New York State. Lake Champlain forms a large portion of this border.
How long does it take to drive across Vermont?
How long does it take to drive the entire length of VT-100, all the way to Newport, Vermont, just shy of the Canadian border? You could make the trip in about five hours without stops, and it would be a splendidly scenic ride.
What are five interesting facts about Vermont?
- Vermont gets its name from two French words.
- It was one of the first states to outlaw slavery.
- It is the second smallest state by population (after Wyoming).
- Ben and Jerry’s ice cream began at a gas station in Burlington, Vermont.
- Vermont is the home of maple syrup.